Advertisement

Trike Rickshaws on SALE!

topic posted Tue, July 12, 2005 - 7:03 PM by  Greg
Share/Save/Bookmark
I just posted an ad for the Indian Rickshaws I have on the for sale board but to let you all know, they are discounted to $650 each from $895, I have Blue, Black and Red ones still. In the crate, you have to pick up and assemble but they are cool and would make good Playa transport. I'm in Alameda should anyone be interested. 510-769-0980 www.hiwheel.com

Greg
posted by:
Greg
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: Trike Rickshaws on SALE!

Fri, July 15, 2005 - 6:22 PM
    Ok, 2 down, 5 left!

Fri, July 15, 2005 - 9:05 PM
      Almost 3 down! I have your rickshaw pic saved on my desktop so I can drool over it while I pretend to work.

Wed, July 20, 2005 - 6:25 PM
        Ok, so what are you going to do to it once you get it Denise, got plans yet? I pretend to work when I'm replying to tribe posts. Thanks again for the purchase.

Wed, July 20, 2005 - 8:17 PM
          Hi Greg...I have big plans. First, I will assemble it and see how it all works, and take a TON of pics for my eager bikie friends. Then I will light it up. Cool Neon wire, LED headlights, and a couple of tail blinkies are in order.
          I will sew a new custom fabric seat cover for the lucky passengers so that they don't stick to the seat. I haven't yet decided what to call it, and I know that something that cool has to be named.
          Then, it will go to Burning Man. When I return, I will ride it around and use it to develop my strength and endurance while I grocery shop!
          I can't tell you how excited I am to see, touch, and ride the rickshaw!

Sat, July 16, 2005 - 7:00 AM
    They're very nice and it's cool that 1) you're local and people could check out the goods 2) good workmanship! do you build everything yourself? I would love to have your input next year to help us make better rickshaws for the BRC Rickshaw Fleet :)

Also, if someone wanted to make a 4-wheeler bike thing out of 4 giant hiwheel wheels (this would be me) how much would that cost?

Wed, July 20, 2005 - 6:23 PM
      I put in my 2 cents a couple times on pedicab/rickshaws but I don't think it caught anyones attention.
      I build our pedicabs and the Rickshaws I import from India. The amount of work they do there and the coolness factor can't be touched here for 3 or 4 times the price.
      I build all the antique high wheel stuff here, from spokes and hubs to rims and frames. It isn't like I can call up shimano and have them run me of a bunch of parts. They would laugh at the number of bikes I actually make in a year. Right now we're making a Double Eagle for a theatre group in Houston and when the show "Wicked" runs in the City, anyone going will see at least a couple pieces of our work. I'm also trying to put and old Quadricycle we have back together to take to BM.
      Sure, folks can come check us out pretty much anytime, I don't have what can be called a retail storefront with a big display of bikes in it but I do have the back room and the rotation of things that come and go. If someone wants to come see it's best they call first since lunch time varies with workload and sometimes I play hooky too.
      As far as the BRC rickshaw fleet, I'm always happy to answer questions or supply parts if necessary.

A 4 wheeler thing out of 4 giant wheels... Depends on the parts you use and the size of the wheels and just how much work I have to do myself.

Greg

Fri, July 22, 2005 - 12:22 AM
        Ever thought about a large di-wheel - two chairs slung between two large wheels?

Manual clutches to connect drive to either or both wheels... no falling off while DUI...

About does one of those big wheels run?

- Bart

Fri, July 22, 2005 - 8:51 AM
          exactly....

i would also be interestd (for next year). coker was making a cruiser bike with 36" wheels - can you get those wheels for us too?

i wish we could change this subject line - it's very retail and there is already a listing that greg did too... but let's hope you get those bikes sold :)

Fri, July 29, 2005 - 7:07 PM
            Hi Jay,

Sorry it sounds retail but it is what I do for a living and I am proud of my work... I build cool old custom stuff and I do like eating and I kinda thought this was a forum for custom builders. Besides, I totally knocked the price of the Rickshaws way, way down and that sure as hell isn't retail!
            Um, I know the guys at Coker, David and Corky, and while I have never handled their bikes I did have the ajoining booth to them at Interbike for about 6 years so I can probably get you their wheels if I give a call. I have no idea what they would cost though and I don't know what availability is but I'm willing to call if you want. Call me 510-769-0980

Greg

Fri, July 29, 2005 - 10:18 PM
              Greg, absolutely no worries - it's just the SALE in caps that's kinda funny in a forum...

BUT

you are doing this very cool thing with bikes so no worries! thanks for hooking up the Burners! we're proud of you too...

and yes, let's talk about those gigantic Coker wheels sometime :)

AND

Denizia,

Mad props to you for going so far as to sell your car to make a dream come true (I know the feeling and did my rickshaw last year on a budget of about $300).

*Thanks* to both of you! This is going to be a great year :)

Fri, July 29, 2005 - 6:57 PM
          Hi Bart,

Depending on the wheel size it could be anywhere from around $400 to $800 per wheel. If you have questions or want to come for alook then let me know. I make the whole thing here, spokes, rims, hubs and tires... oh joy.

510-769-0980

Greg

Fri, July 29, 2005 - 9:56 PM
            I love my rickshaw. I just finished fine tuning it and rode it across town today. It was very fun, and the Indians are very logical with how they package their unassembled bikes. All hardware was where it needed to be, just hand tight so I could remove it and assemble it easily. I am so glad I got one. PS I sold my car to buy the rickshaw!

see you guys out there!

Fri, July 29, 2005 - 11:54 PM
            Thanks Greg... given the amount of work in one, that's not suprising.
            Lots of spokes...

See you on the playa... I'll be piloting a "robot" drawn rickshaw (powered, I'm
            afraid). Scratch built for BM...

- Bart

Sat, July 30, 2005 - 9:41 AM
              Bart,

I think I saw pictures somewhere of your robot 'shaw. maybe just a sketch...but it looks great. I hope you are able to get it going, what a piece of engineering skill! What a guy!

Tue, August 2, 2005 - 8:29 PM
              Bart, Kevin Walsh (from whom I bought the rickshaw seat we are now using for the BRC Rickshaw Fleet) also built a set of robot legs for a rickshaw - there's a pic of it in this tribe :)

Please pics of your work - we would love to see it!

Recent topics in "Burning Bikes"